Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Monday, June 14, 2021
1. Manitowoc Rd – Allouez Ave to Hwy 29. Project begins 7/6/2021. Resurfacing & Sidewalk Installation. Project Completion is weather dependent.
2. Guns Street- Verlin Rd to Green Bay. Project begins 6/10/2021. Sewer Water Work along with Resurfacing and New Sidewalk approximate completion is Oct 1, 2021, weather dependent.
3. Steffens Court- Project begins 6/21/2021. Street Reconstruction will be done in the evening. Sewer & Water installation will take place during the day. Traffic Lane will be reduced, there will be traffic delays but not closures. Approximate Completion is Oct 2021, weather dependent.
4. Allouez Ave- Lime Kiln Rd to Village of Allouez. Street Reconstruction Project by the Brown County Highway Department approximate completion is August 2, 2021, weather dependent.
5. Area in Vicinity of Steins & Dorsch Ford- Utility Work and Water & Sewer Replacement approximate completion is October 2021, weather dependent.
1. Crack filling- completed
2. Mastic (Large Crack / Pothole Work) is ongoing & expected completion is Fall of 2021.
Various Commercial Streets & Arterials
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
In early June 2021, applicable property owners should recieved a follow-up letter from ATC updating them on the vegetation clearning that is scheduled to begin in Fall 2021.
See full letter for details!
In January 2021, applicable property owners should have received a letter from the American Transmission Company (ATC) outlining the improvement, development, and expansion of their high-voltage electric transmission system. The letter outlines the construction and maintenance-related activities that will occur. If ATC needs to access your property (outside of the right-of-way) to conduct these activities, they will contact you for your permission.
Monday, June 7, 2021
Anyone can provide written comments to Patricia.Kiewiz@greenbaywi.gov or mailed to Green Bay Metro, Attn: Public Comment, 901 University Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54302.
Comments must be postmarked on or before June 15. The public comment period is open until June 15.
The proposed implementation date would be Monday, August 2, 2021.
For additional information, visit Green Bay Metro Transit's Proposed Service Changes 2021 webpage.
2021 Contract A-21 Guns Street Reconstruction Guns Street: Verlin Road – Village Limits, Moonrise Ct - Project Update
Project information: Construction on Guns Street consists of sanitary sewer repair and reconditioning, water main replacement, new sidewalk, roadway realignment, culvert replacement, curb patching, and reconstruction of Guns Street. The project also includes minor curb patching and pavement resurfacing on Moonrise Court.
Timeline: Construction June 2021 – September 2021
Road Closures, Vehicles & Traffic: Road closures are required during the cross-culvert replacement and bore and jack of the water main under the railroad crossing. Note the ‘Important Dates’ for road closure updates. For all other construction, the road will be closed to through traffic. Travel through the area will be possible, but delays are likely due to construction equipment using the area. Be attentive of construction workers directing traffic through the construction zone.
Resident Access: Local resident access to and from your home will be maintained as much as possible during construction. If your driveway needs to be closed while construction is taking place, you will be notified by knocking on the door and leaving a door hanger in advance of the closure. Concrete will need cure time of 7 days prior to crossing. Please contact the project inspector, Cedar Corporation if you require special access needs.
Communication: It is the intent of the Village to minimize the amount of disruption and inconvenience to the community during any construction process. If during normal work hours you feel something went unnoticed, or needs attention, please contact Cedar Corporation. As project inspector, Cedar Corporation is most familiar with the daily operations of construction and can resolve many issues quickly.
If something happens after normal work hours that you feel requires immediate attention, please contact Shawn Geiger, and arrangements will be made to resolve the issue.
As always, in an emergency, please call 911.
Please keep an eye on your door hangers for construction updates regarding paving, garbage pick-up, and traffic changes. Additional information is available on the Construction FAQ attached, or on the Village website. Please leave the door hanger on your front door so it can be used for future project correspondence.
Project Updates: Construction updates will be posted on the Village website bi-weekly, and when major changes will be occurring. If at any time you would like additional information, please call Shawn at 920-593-5517 or Thad at 920-785-7302.
The full document can be access on the Village’s Current & Future Projects webpage.