The Village Board budget workshop is Tuesday, October 15 beginning at 12 pm. The first item on the agenda is Discretionary Policy Decisions to Reduce Levy.
1. Direct revenues from the sale of vehicles to general levy instead of vehicle operations and maintenance.
2. Reduce levy contribution to the vehicle operations and maintenance fund.
3. Eliminate the capital levy intended to offset future debt resulting from special assessment subsidies.
4. Reduce frequency of roundabout maintenance.
5. Postpone IT server replacement for 1 year.
6. Postpone regular scheduled parking lot maintenance at various Village-owned properties.
7. Eliminate/postpone the Spring Creek Trail study which is intended to find an alternate route for the planned Spring Creek trail that was eliminated during approval of the Willow Glen subdivision.
8. Canoe/Kayak launch repair/re-installation on the East River that was damaged during spring flooding.
You can read a more in-depth discussion of these discretionary policy decisions here.