The Village of Bellevue is excited that plans for constructing a new mini-park in the Bedford Heights neighborhood is underway and will be open this fall. Mini-parks are designed to offer specialized facilities that serve less than ¼ mile radius in residential areas, are centrally located, easily accessible to walking and biking, sized to accommodate a playground, picnic areas, and other specialized uses, and do not require off-street parking as it is intended to serve a small, localized area.
The Board of Park Commissioners looks after 12 different parks and trails throughout the Village. Their names give these spaces character and provide a sense of history, community, and belonging to us all.
It's not often that you get an opportunity to make history. Well, here's your chance to leave a mark by helping us name Bellevue’s newest park. Suggestions will be presented to the Park Commission at an upcoming meeting. Upon final selection, the Park Commission will make a recommendation to the Village Board for final approval.
To participate, follow these quick, easy steps!
The entry deadline is 4:30pm on Monday, June 3, 2019.
• View the design of the new park, and get your creativity flowing.
• Submit your name suggestion online via SurveyMonkey with a brief explanation as to why it is the best name for this park. (Preferred method.)
• The Village’s Park Commission will review the submissions at their June 10 meeting and make a final suggestion for approval.
• The recommendation from the Parks Commission will be presented to the Village Board on June 26th for final approval.
• Participants can also submit their entry by mail or in person to the Village Offices at 2828 Allouez Avenue, Bellevue, WI 54311. ATTN: Bellevue Park Naming 2019. Download the form here.
• Entrants will be invited to the formal park dedication and if your park name is the selected name, will be formally recognized by the Village.