The Village of Bellevue, along with the Mossakowski Dog Park Committee, Robert E. Lee & Associates, and design studio etc., was recently awarded the Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association's 2017 Park Facility Award of Excellence for the Mossakowski Family Dog Park Phase 1 in the under $250,000 category.
The award selection criteria are as follows:
1. Innovation: provides a new approach to problem solving, exhibits new technology
2. Functionalism: responds to users’ needs, accessibility for all populations
3. Aesthetics: proper scale is achieved for site, relationship to surroundings, considers the overall site development
4. Community Benefits: responds to identified needs of public, public input on project, improves image of community
5. Environmental Stewardship: use of recycled materials, mechanics which are environmentally compatible (solar, low volume flush, high pressure sodium bulbs), use of native plant materials
6. Maintenance: considers ease of maintaining, durability of materials, minimize need for special equipment or special tasks, safety of maintaining site
The award was presented at the 2017 Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association Annual Conference in November. This is the first Park Facility Award of Excellence awarded to the Village of Bellevue from the Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association.