- Post shall be constructed of 1 1/2 inch steel pipe, 3x3 inch wood, or 3 inch round post.
- Ensure post is securely anchored to the ground and not leaning.
- Post shall be located a minimum of 2-feet behind the face of curb.
- Bottom of any box (mail or newspaper) shall be 41-45 inches from the driving surface.
- The front of the mailbox shall be 6-8 inches from the face of the curb.
- It is important to follow these guidelines for the installation of the mailbox. If a mailbox is hit or damaged by a snow plow and you have not followed these regulations, the owner is responsible for the replacement of the damaged mailbox and post.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Winter is Coming, Secure Your Mailbox
Snow season will be here soon, now is the time to ensure your mailbox is properly secured and ready for the season. Please make sure your mailbox complies with the USPS standards. Proper placement aids in the delivery of your mail as well as reducing the likelihood of damage during snow removal. The force of wet snow can damage improperly installed or decaying posts.