Fireworks are often used to mark special events and holidays. However, they are not safe in the hand of consumers. Fireworks cause thousands of burns and eyes injuries each year. People can enjoy fireworks safely if the follow a few simple safety tips:
- Be safe. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show put on by experts.
- Do not use consumer fireworks.
- Keep a close eye on children at events where fireworks are used.
Firework Safety Facts
- Fireworks cause an average of almost 18,500 reported fires per years.
- Sparklers account for more than one-quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
Did You Know?
Sparklers can burn as hot as 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit! As a comparison, consider that wood burns at 575 degrees and glass melts at 900 degrees!