Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Electronics and Other Hazardous Waste Disposal

Do you have electronics or other hazardous materials in your home that you'd like to get rid of but don't know how? Did you know that the Brown County Port and Resource Recovery accepts a wide range of such materials? Many of these items contain chemicals or other compounds that are
hazardous to the environment and your health. For example, just one gallon of used motor oil can contaminate up to 1 million gallons of water. Other household items may also contain valuable materials that can be recovered and reused, such as aluminum, copper, gold, and ferrous metals.

The Household Hazardous Waste facility, located at 2561 South Broadway in Green Bay (north of the Brown County Fairgrounds and immediately south of Highway 172), accepts the following common household items:
  • TVs, computers, and other electronics
  • Florescent lights
  • Latex Paint
  • Antifreeze and windshield washer fluid
  • Cooking oil and grease
  • Car batteries
  • Microwaves
  • Mini refrigerators
  • Small A/C units
  • Many more common household hazardous waste items
The list of fees charged for each of the above items can be found here in the Brown county Port and Resource Recovery's brochure. Please note that there may be an additional charge for your waste disposal.