- Grills, whether propane or charcoal, should only be used outdoors
- Combustible products should be kept clear from grills
- Ensure all propane grill major fuel connections are tight and do not contain leaks
- Place your grill well away from your house, deck railings, and out from underneath the eaves and low hanging tree branches.
- Children and pets need to be kept a safe distance from the grilling area. Hot grills can cause severe burns
- Keep your grill clean, remove grease or fat buildup from all areas
- Never leave your grill unattended!
Written by Chad Weihbrecht, Bellevue Fire Department