PREVENTION CHECKLIST DO YOU...?
- Lock your vehicle
- Close your windows
- Take your keys with you
- Remove your garage remote
- Remove number codes from your keys
- Lock vent windows (in trucks)
- Remove spare keys hidden on or in your vehicle
- Park and lock your vehicles in a garage when possible
- Remove any valuables including purses, wallets, cash, phone, etc.
- Ensure anything of value is not in plain sight
- Lock valuables in the trunk
- Remove detachable stereos and faceplates from your vehicle every time
When equipment or tools must be kept in a vehicle, use a strong-walled, tamper proof box
that can be bolted down and secured with heavy duty locks. Do not assume a box is secure because it is heavy.