- 321.03 (6) (f) An egress window under a deck or porch shall discharge through a clear path of at least 36 inches in height and 36 inches in width, and no more than 15 feet in length, to a yard or open space.
- 321.06 Ceiling height. All habitable rooms, kitchens, hallways, bathrooms and corridors shall have a ceiling height of at least 7 feet except as follows: there are several minor changes but the most significant is that on rooms that have sloped ceiling only the area above the fire foot line needs to be considered for natural light and vent sections.
- 321.08 Table 321.08 has been changed to include dwelling separation and fire rating requirements.
- 322.47 Equipment requirements (1) Mechanical ventilation outdoor air intakes and exhausts shall have automatic or gravity dampers that close when the ventilation system is not operating.
- 322.49 Lighting Equipment. A minimum of 50 percent of the lamps in permanently installed lighting fixtures shall be high-efficacy lamps.
Monday, February 15, 2016
State Building Code Changes
Are you getting ready for building season? If so make sure that the new State Codes complies with your future building projects. The state Safety and Professional Services Department issued some new regulations beginning on January 1, 2016 and they are requirements for any buildings that are being built in 2016. It is recommended to purchase a new code book or go online and review the changes, and pay particular attention to the tables and notes. Some of the highlights from State Code Chapter 321...