SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31st 4:00-7:00 pm
- Children should always go out trick or treating accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Plan a safe route so parents know where their older kids will be at all times. Set a time for their return home. Make sure that your child is old enough and responsible enough to go out by themselves. Make sure they have a cell phone.
- Let your children know not to cut through backyards and fields if they are out alone. Make them know to stay in populated areas and not go off the beaten track and stay in well lighted areas.
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
- Instruct your child never to go into a home of a stranger or get into their car.
- Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume so they are visible to cars.
- Have your children stay in groups.