Key changes made by the new ordinance to existing regulations included:
- Expansion of Restricted Zones.
- Expansion of No Loitering Zones from 200 feet to 500 feet.
- New regulations on residency of designated offenders within 2,500 feet of a Restricted Zone, establishment of a Residency Restriction Map and provisions allowing exceptions for new regulations on residency.
- New regulations providing a residential density restriction for designated offenders.
- New regulations prohibiting rental of property to designated offenders.
- New section providing an appeal process to the Village Board.