Village is looking for a summer camp counselors for the 2015 summer. Please apply with the Village of Bellevue by: March 27, 2015.
The Camp Counselor is responsible for planning and coordinating daily recreational activities for program participants. The Counselor is responsible for providing a safe, fun and comfortable atmosphere for all, while instilling the six pillars of character and incorporating the benefits based program model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, organizes, leads and supervises activities performed d each day.
• Checks facilities and play areas on a daily basis for unsafe situations.
• Reports all significant events, problems, issues or occurrences to immediate supervisor.
• Observes and follows safety rules at all times.
• Develops positive relationships with program participants, their families and the general public.
• Reports to work on time each day and remains at the site until closing, unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
• Assures the safe keeping of all equipment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work with school age children.
• Ability to participate in a variety of activities
• Ability to lead – good leadership qualities
• Ability to assist children when needed – good physical condition
• Ability to interact with parents/guardians when necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience in programming activities for children preferred.
• Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification or must be able to obtain certifications.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• A commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting, as well as the ability to work with diverse populations is required.
• Must have transportation to and from work site.
• Position is performed outdoors. Must be able to work outdoors up to eight (8) hours a day.
• Position includes physical activity as needed to assist children and/or respond to incidents.
• Camp runs from mid-June through late August
• Time commitment: Up to 40 hours each week
For additional information or to apply visit the Village website at: http://www.villageofbellevue.org/government/administration-finance/human-resources/job-opportunities.html