The K-9 Karnival – A Dog Day in the Park Event to raise awareness and funds for the development of an off-leash dog park in Bellevue.
The Village of Bellevue Leisure Services Department in partnership with Oak View Veterinary Hospital of Bellevue is leading a fundraising drive to have a public dog park in the village of Bellevue. The group has planned the K-9 Karnival, a fundraising event to raise awareness and funds to develop a site.
The event is planned for Saturday, May 19, 2012 from 10:00am to 12:00pm at Josten Park (2280 Town Hall Road). A variety of games and contests for dogs, children’s’ activities, raffles & silent auctions, dog costume contests, and pet photos will be offered. Admission into the event costs $5 per dog. Participation in some of the activities will range from $1 to $10. Organizers hope to raise approximately $2,000 from the event.
To make the event safe and enjoyable for all, event organizers have developed several rules for the day.
- All dogs attending must be kept on a 6’ or less leash.
- All dogs must have proof of current rabies vaccinations.
- Female dogs in any state of heat will not be admitted.
- Protect your dog by bringing your own water bowl.
- When giving treats do so in a way that does not inadvertently cause fights or altercations between dogs.”
- Be sure to bring a clean up bag, you will be responsible for cleaning up after your dog.
- Remember, it’s rain or shine, and often does both. Dress appropriately and watch out for dehydration in you and your pooch.
- Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per adult human.
- Aggressive dogs will not be admitted.