The scope of the project will include the following:
- The removal of the traffic signals at Main Street and Verlin Road and replacing it with a double lane roundabout;
- The installation of sidewalk along the south side of Verlin Road/Manitowoc Road from Main Street to Eaton Road;
- Diamond grinding the concrete surface from Main Street to Eaton Road;
- Bridge deck repairs/overlay and ramp improvements for the bridge over I-43, and
- Some signal and lane improvements to the intersection of Steffens Way and Manitowoc Road.
An Open House has been scheduled on Tuesday, June 1st from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Village Public Safety Building/Village Hall (3100 Eaton Road) to allow interested parties to meet the contractor and DOT representatives regarding the project.
The project is scheduled to begin June 14th.